Thursday, April 30, 2009

Virtual Africa

This blog doesn't claim to be anything other than my diary, really. But occationally I will show you something that I urge you to go see. This is one of those times. Alanagh Recreant TP'd me and all her other friends to check out the newest attraction at Virtual Africa -rafting. I hopped on the raft and quickly became the selected driver of the thing.... Don't know the thing appointed me, but off we went.

Yeah the picture quality is horrible, but on friday I'm hoping to get my graphics card installed..... as i've said for 6 months or so now LOL. In the background you can see a glipmse of an un-rezzed hot air balloon, that's another of the cool rides you can go in Virtual Africa (not to be mixed up with the other sim called just "africa").


I took my job seriously and started singing in voice, like one of those gondole boys in Venice. Somehow I got inspired to sing from "sound of music".... dunno why, it's not the same kind of nature, lol. "The hiiiilllls are aliiiive.... with the sound of muuuusiiiic...."
I think it must have been the part that goes like this: "follow every stream.... follow every rainbow til you find your dream..."
Finally, the man I've been waiting for logged in, and quickly I TPd him to my raft and gave him a tuor.
Btw, I found a fish in the water, and it was wearing a tag to state it's name..... 'bafana' it said.....
I will write more about this Uthango powered place another time, I promise! Go there!
Here's a website with info about Uthango: http://www.uthango.org/
Quotes from their website:
"Uthango Social Investments is a unique investment and pro-poor development company, that evolved from an award-winning micro-enterprise development project. Uthango Social Investments is a unique investment and pro-poor development company, that evolved from an award-winning micro-enterprise development project. "
"We specialize in social innovation to implement best practices in sustainable development. We work in remote communities and in under-resourced urban areas to alleviate poverty in lasting ways and improve the quality of life for the most vulnerable in society."








No comments:

Post a Comment