Thursday, May 28, 2009

Death

Yeah I know, not an uplifting topic. But sometimes it just seem to shout at you. This needs to be braught up today.

As I was wandering around second sweden, taking pictures for this blog, to show you a dying sim (it is going to be completely removed on friday), I got an IM: "He is dead"

It was Bafana who told me that our partner at Africa Live had died. Some while ago, he told us he was gonna be away for some time for an operation. He never came back. In SL he was known as Nestor Zeplin.

He contributed a lot to our group and donated a lot of land. As I heard, he had done so much for human rights and the environment in his RL, and also helped individuals all through his life. He was a very very good man. One of those, you know. He wasn't only a kind man, he accually did something to change the world. And it was his mission to do it every day.

He died on may 13, 2009.


He loved the earth
he loved the green
He lived to change
earths fate forseen

His heart was big
for those in need
For the fate of man
it beated indeed

For human rights
he faught
Justice for all
he saught

He knew that papers are thin
thinner than human hearts within

He won that battle
but didn't hesitate
There is always more
his work was great

He worked
through his pain
His mission
was never in vain

He succeded
where others would fail
He was determined
and did not bail

He is lost
but not gone
In our hearts
he lives on


I know, I'm not a poet, but what else can I say? It's a loss.

You know what death tells us though? Take care of those around us while they still are here, cuz one day you might be saying "I wish I had known him/her better".

No comments:

Post a Comment