Saturday, August 22, 2009

Your second look IS important! Part one

You all know it: SL is great. SL connects people that would never have come in contact before. SL makes you understand things you would never have understood otherwise. Furthermore, SL makes you come in contact with SIDES of a person that maybe even their closest friends doesn't know about.

And in SL you can truely express your inside. You can show your inside on your outside in a way that is never possible otherwise. In fact, in SL you expect that the appearance of the person you meet, is consiously chosen to show everyone who you are.

For example, if you have an angry face, don't expect people to easily see through that. You will automatically be seen as an angry person. Same goes for clothes, hair, accesories and AO! Especially AO will give your avatar an expression, be sure it is the expression you want!

This is something I will continue write about but this time I will focus on the face. Shape and skin makes big differences.

Examples: The first picture here is of me in my regular shape (made by Dyna Diller), and in one of my favourite skins from Soul. Notice the curve of the lips. Makes me look sweet and kind.




This next one is another of my favourite skins; giraffeskin from Street Dermatology. The special thing with this skin is ofcourse the giraffe pattern, but I always look for that nice curve on the lips too. And the general quality of the skin. To me, originality plays a big part too. Whats the point in looking like everybody else?



Next picture is still the same shape, but a Naomi skin from Redgrave. I love the colour of the lips in this one, but look how the skin makes me look less happy. I look more like I have some attitude, right?



Now, back to the first skin, but with a completely different shape. see the difference? This girl doesn't look happy at all! She looks a bit as if she sees something that the cat dragged in, hope she's not looking at you.....

to be continued.....

1 comment: